Jul 28, 2009

Using up Scraps of Clay


Today was using up scraps of clay day. I made lapis lazuli earrings to go with the necklace I made last week.

Next was some leftover black and white clay mix that I used in my Blushing Zebra Necklace. I made a pendant, added a charm and strung it on Two strands of Greek Leather. Had enough to make matching earrings.

My final lesson today was learning to make rings. Perfect project for leftover small pieces of clay. I formed the ring tops of clay and baked them on a lightbulb in the oven. This gives it a nice dome shape. The ring on the left has a silver shank and the one on the right I made a clay shank. That one is not done yet because I have to let the liquid clay set for 24 hours before baking. More on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dee said...

the rings are pretty cool! And what a wonderful way not to waste money spent on crafts..I love it.