Jun 4, 2011

ONCE UPON A TIME





Today is the Reveal of the beads and finished pieces for our Fairy Tale Bead Swap, produced by Lori Anderson.  Check out Lori's blog to see who else is participating in this fun swap.


 My partner is Dana and these are the beads that she so generously sent me.


I love the little Fairy pendant that she sent me.  It even has a cool one cent stamp picture on the back.  I'll show that later, as my batteries died in my camera so will need to  go get some new ones.

Hear is my reveal of what I did with some of Dana's bead assortment.  I am still working on more.



Here are a couple more shots after I was able to replace my batteries.



This is the back of the Faerie Pendant.  You could wear it either way.


Hop on over to visit the rest of the Bead Swappers


Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Rebecca Anderson, Song Beads
Courtney Breul, Beads By Breul 
Loretta Carstensen, Designs by Loretta   you are here
Evelyn Hall, Dragon Lady Evelyn
Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
Tara Plote, Newbie Beader
Christine Brandel, A Hot Piece of Glass
Lisa Sittniewski, Alterity Art
Joanna Matuszczyk, Filcowe
Jenni Connolly, Jenni Bead
Geneva Collins, Torque Story
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Sally Russick, Wireworked
Mary McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found 
Stephanie Haussler, Pixybug Designs
Shai Williams, Shaia's Ramblings
Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
Valerie Norton, Hot Fused Glass






20 comments:

elisabeth said...

The necklace is really great - love that dramatic chain you used!

Pretty Things said...

That fairy pendant? SO MUCH LOVE. I adore it. And the color palette is AMAZINGLY spring, and I would eat that up if it was on my table. In fact, will be playing with that color palette today after I'm done hopping!

Thank you for participating!

I LOVE color! said...

VERY very nice creaaation I love the stamp pendant. Be Blessed

Shai Williams said...

I just love the colors of the necklace and that chain rocks.

Rickie said...

Lovely necklace--well done.

Mary K. McGraw said...

Great pendant and you set it off so well with the color palette you chose. Great job.

Shyme said...

Lovely necklace!

Torque Story said...

Very soft and pretty. I love the two-sided focal, and your bead arrangement provides a nice balance without overshadowing it.

Jenni said...

What a pretty soft palette, and that gorgeous little fairy pendant is perfect. The stamp is a cool addition... I love that quirky touch.
Jenni

Dana said...

Love the necklace you made with the beads. Good Job.

Loretta said...

Thanks everyone. This was a fun Bead Soup!

Anonymous said...

What a super cute pendant! I love that it's reversible. I agree with Lori, the colours are very spring like. I love this piece, it's all fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely necklace...what a statement! Can't wait to see how you work those petals and leaves.

I LOVE color! said...

Loretta I really love your creation on the blog-hop Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.Be Blessed Sandy

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous! I love that pendant especially :-)

Aquariart said...

Nice like that it is reversible.

sweet addy designs said...

That is so lovely. I really like what you did with the colors.

Joanna Matuszczyk said...

Color palette is amazing. Love your creation so much!

Vicki Bensinger said...

Very pretty Loretta. I like how you used the chain.

Tara P. said...

What a great color palate and that pendant is so great! Love the balance of the necklace